condition: like new size / dimensions: 9 1/2" x 3 7/8"
QR Code Link to This Post
Yunnan Chinese Stovetop Food Steamer with Central Chimney, Never Used, Excellent Condition
$40 cash only. Sorry, no checks, money orders, or cashier's checks.
Please call Bobby at show contact info in Diamondhead, Mississippi if you are interested. The quickest way to reach me is by phone since I don't always get a chance to check my email everyday.
- The bowl is about 9 1/2 inches in diameter and 3 7/8 inches high without the lid.
- Traditional cooking pot unique to the Yunnan province of China, this pot uses steam from a simmering pan to cook meats and vegetables and create a richly flavored, aromatic broth.
To use, fill the crock with the ingredients you want, as you would in a crock pot.
Layer in fresh or dry herbs and seasonings. DON'T add any water or broth, it makes its own!
Cover with the lid and place the crock over a pan of simmering water on the stovetop. The steam rises through the spout, condenses on the lid, and cooks your food as it slowly gathers in the crock, becoming richly infused with flavor from the herbs and other items you are cooking. (Wine may be added for flavoring, but monitor the level of the liquid.)
Your food will be ready in 2-4 hours. The crock will be about 3/4 full of broth, depending on the amount of food you are cooking. This can be used as broth for other recipes if you are not making a one-pot soup meal.
Cooking time will vary according to the size and amount of ingredients you use.
- Great for your next trailer park dinner party!
- Sorry, no shipping. You must come to pick up this item.
- This item is sold as is, all sales are final, and no refund will be made.